The Vaughn Ventus LT90 blocker features a unique construction that combines the blocker board and side hand shield into one seamless unit. This creates added stiffness and reduces twisting under high impact loads for improved puck control and more solid blocking surfaces. A special high density internal foam board provides light weight, and it is reinforced with a polyethylene plastic overlay for added protection and durability. The bottom board is beveled to provide a tight seal to the ice when playing in the paddle down position.
The hand and palm position is designed to angle and tilt the board forward from the hand to create more blocking coverage. The palm is constructed using Vaughn's MSH3 material that gives it incredible feel and durability. The fingers are anatomically designed with curved fingers to for a more comfortable hand position and has a textured overlay surface that provides a precise grip for excellent stick control. Mesh finger gussets improve air flow and reduce heat buildup. The palm is moved one (1) inch higher of center to put more of the blocking surface below the hand.
Extra large finger protectors have HD foam and plastic inserts for maximum impact reduction. Dual inner index finger pads seal the index finger from shots that ride up the paddle towards the hand.
- Fingers are protected by large HD foam and plastic back and side protective shields.
- High density internal foam blocking board for light weight
- Ergonomically shaped palm with cushion padding to reduce vibration
- Large side shield with air cushion pad
- Tapered bottom board
- Large wrist opening with flex cuff
- No binding construction effectively increases usable blocking space
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Two-piece finger protectors with large surface area
- Large top board flare for puck deflecting