The 1100i Velocity 6 catch glove is brand new for 2014, though it borrows a design platform from two of Vaughn's most popular gloves, the T5500. and the LT90 Ventus. Fans of both will appreciate the familiar feel and closure, though it does have some newer enhancements to differentiate it from those designs.
For starters, the stock version of the 1100i features a one piece cuff and thumb, and the thumb plastic has been both shortened and made more steep to create a larger, wider pocket. The pocket itself has a wider top profile to help open up the pocket a bit more, and comes with a double t-web. The precision molded palm reduces weight, adds protection and adds reinforcement to the glove perimeter to keep the fingers from "curling in". The glove perimeter measures 42.5", which is 2.5" smaller than a pro glove but bigger than the 1000i V6 catch glove.
The backhand is made of four segmented pieces and has a HD foam horizontal fingertip deflecting ramp covering the finger ends. The wide, flared cuff back allows for greater wrist mobility and gives room for the chest/arm pads to fit nicely inside.
The internals of the glove feature spring mesh finger gussets, a gray grip material palm, and a horizontal finger rail to help give the hand more leverage when closing the glove. A large wrist pad incorporates a leather strap, and it is strategically placed to be located slightly above the flex area for improved hand retention and superior glove feel. A soft foam pad lined with spring mesh covers the backhand, and a traditional velcro strap helps customize the fit of this pad to the goalie's hand.
- Precision molded palm increases hand protection and strengthens glove edges
- Internal hand design provides precision hand placemen and glove control
- Double T-Web
- Light weight and well balanced feel
- Heat moldable to speed break-in
- Wider catch surface area with wider T-web top
- Curved cuff for puck deflection
- Solid, One-Piece cuff and thumb design
- Internal palm and grip surface
- Fingertip inner grip rail
- 42.5" perimeter measurement
- This glove is customizable through Vaughn's "Custom 7-Series" program. Click HERE to learn more.