Reebok 14K Senior Ice Hockey Goalie Skates
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
Reebok 14K Senior Ice Hockey Goalie Skates
The Pump works to eliminate natural gaps around the ankle, giving the goalie instant adjustment without removing his pads.
- Customizes the comfort fit by filling natural gaps around the ankles to maximize power transfer from foot to ice.
Max Armour™ V provides support and durability
Quick drying dual zone with heavy-duty microfiber that promotes excellent fit and superb comfort.
The Reebok Customlite™ cowling features lightweight pro-profile moisture exhaust vents, butterfly toe shield, trilites and a replaceable steel runner that holds a longer edge.
- Moisture exhaust vents
- Butterfly toe shield
- Replaceable longer edge stainless steel runner
Reebok 14K Goalie Skate Specs
- Quarter: MAX Armour V
- Core: Monofilament embedded zones
- PUMP: YES
- Skate Lock: No
- Liner: Heavy duty microfiber
- Footbed: Anatomical response
- Tongue: Full felt and comfort foam
- Cowling/Blade: Customlite™ R30 Carbon
Reebok Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart
|Reebok Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Reebok Skate Size||Shoe Size|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 7 to 13 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 2 to 7 years old with a US youth shoe size of 7 to 1.5.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Excellent Skate for the Price
July 28, 2014
I needed to replace my skates a few months ago and went to my FLHS to discuss some options. After trying several skates in the same range (and a few others in a MUCH higher range) I settled on the RBK 14k pump senior goalie skate. I've been skating with it for about 3 months and can give a pretty good shake at this point. The only real oddity I experienced was that RBK gave the boot laces that were just too damned short to be useful. I immediately switched out to a longer pair. It might be worth ordering a pack of 120" in your favorite color along with this skate. Fit: The skate fits true to sizing. If you are an 11 (as I am) the 9.5 will fit you spot on. Reebok runs a bit wider in the boot than some others, such as Graf, so expect a bit roomier fit and a bit more movement laterally. The solution to this is the classic rebook pump which pressurizes a bladder around the heel and locks the foot into place. In my skates, I've never noticed the bladder deflating in game and I always get a satisfying *hiss* when I hit the pressure release valve. They bake extremely well being a bit cheaper so plan to take them into a local shop for a bake to really speed up the break in process. Having bought them local, I can't speak to the break in process without a bake. Stiffness: This being a non pro boot, there is a moderate stiffness and some slight give in the boot you would not expect at the pro level. The slightly cheaper construction materials keep the boot rather light and flexible. There is still very good stiffness in the ankle which helps stabilize for recoveries and pushes, but it is gentle enough to not put significant pressure on my malleolus bones. This was the primary driver of my purchase. If you are playing at a higher level, I would recommend going up to the 20k where you'll have real and substantial ridgidity and power transfer. Runners & Cowling: Reebok uses their standard performance R:30 stainless steel runner in this skate. After I bought them, I cut to 5/8 and got just a bit more chatter than I was expecting when I laced up the first time. Shuffling is extremely easy on this steel and it holds it's edge well but I'm probably going to go down to 1/2 so I can get a bit more bite after a few games and before I have to go back in for a fresh edge. The cowling is light and, as the modern trend goes, has cut out all but the essential plastic. It uses a simple 3 bolt design to replace the steel when it's time. Look: Okay, no one sees these things stuffed under your pad but YOU put them on every time you lace up and have to look at the things. As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but RBK has a very clean black and black finish in the 14ks that should be okay for you traditionalists out there while also having a bit of zeal. The green pump and release valve is a nice splash of color in an otherwise somewhat staid if but attractive boot. In summary, the RBK 14k goalie skate is exactly what you expect out of a low to mid range boot. It's going to be a great skate for the weekend warrior that needs a bit roomier skate while not sacrificing a ton of features at that price point.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals