How to Buy Inline Hockey Pants
Inline Hockey Pants Buying Guide
Here is some advice from HockeyGiant.com on how to buy Inline Hockey Pants
Inline hockey pants are are worn as a covering for your girdle and shin guards. They are not to be worn as protective gear. Inline pants are an important piece of equipment with a specific function, but they will not give you any more protection than a jersey. In order to protect your legs you will need to wear a girdle and shin guards under your inline hockey pants. Many inline hockey players don't wear a girdle, but it is highly recommended.
Inline Hockey Pants Construction
Inline hockey pants are typically constructed with high-grade, denier nylon on the knees and breathable mesh/polyester or nylon to cover the rest of the legs. Usually, spandex and elastic mesh are used in the waistband and thigh region for increased mobility and ventilation. Almost every pair of inline hockey pants will have an adjustable strap or elastic band on the waist to secure the pants. Inline pants are made up of several pieces of material that are stitched together, which allows the manufacturer to use the appropriate materials in each section of the pants.
Inline Hockey Pant Features
The basic features of inline hockey pants vary from one pair to the next. Certain features are available with certain pants that are not available with others, but generally most inline hockey pants are constructed in similar fashion. Here's a list of options to consider when choosing the right pants for you:
Most inline pants are secured with a belt, but some players prefer the fit of an elastic waistband instead of an adjustable belt.
Waist belts are the preferred choice of most players because they tend provide a more adjustable fit than elastic waistbands which usually have a narrower fit range. Some pants may even have dual belts which can be tightened individually at the front of each hip.
All inline hockey pants have reinforced knees, but $35 pants have lower denier nylon on the knees than $100 pants do. The denier rating of the nylon used on the knees usually ranges from 800D to 1680D. A higher number indicates heavier, thicker material which, in the case of inline hockey pants, translates to greater durability.
Stretch mesh ventilation
Most inline pants are now made with stretch mesh in each of the targeted flex zones (thighs, groins and calves), but the material quality varies from one pair to the next. More expensive pants will use material that is both breathable and highly elastic/durable.
Built-in shin straps are commonly called shin slings. Shin slings are tightened around your shin guards and secured with Velcro. This feature is only available with certain models and can be an excellent way to save on tape or simply add another layer of security to keep your shin guards from slipping out of place.
Inline Hockey Pant Manufacturers
Some of the most well known names in inline hockey are Mission, Bauer, Tour, Valken and Reebok. There are many other manufacturers of inline equipment, but the most notable brands are the five previously mentioned. Each of these brands have established themselves as reliable choices for a player who is looking for quality hockey gear. Sizing is fairly consistent among the manufacturers, but there can be slight differences from one brand to the next so make sure to check the sizing guides for an accurate measurement.
If you do decide to wear a girdle, make sure that you take into account the possible difference in pant size that may be needed in order to fit them over the girdle and shin guards, especially if you prefer to wear your pants baggy. Inline hockey pants are made to accommodate a girdle and shin guards, but as a rule of thumb, if your waist size is borderline medium/large (for example), the best choice would be the large pants because the girdle ought to make up for the difference in waist size. The best way to measure for pant size is to go by waist size, then height, and then weight.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals