Cascade M11 Messier Project Hockey Helmet
Cascade M11 Messier Project Hockey Helmet
- The revolutionary new M11 helmet - envisioned by Mark Messier and engineered by the head protection experts at Cascade Sports - brings together high-performance fit & feel demanded by pros and cutting-edge technology
- Mono 90 Shell with 20 cooling vents uses the design as a vital stress member upon impact
- Pro Fit System: Dynamic contour system that allows easy, no-tool, custom micro-adjustments that eliminate pressure points
- Seven Technology Liner System: Multiple Impact technology that laterally displaces energy absorbed from a direct impact
- Made in the U.S.A
- Helmet is HECC, and CSA certified
- Cascade M11 Helmet Review on the HockeyGiant.com Blog
Cascade M11 - The Messier Project
"The Cascade M11 helmet is a new evolution in head protection: high performance, high comfort, and high protection."Mono 90™ Shell Design
- Light, streamlined design
- 90/10 configuration is stronger, smoother, and safer
- Reduces direct energy transfer
- 20 vents for maximum airflow
- Dynamic contour system
- Eliminates pressure points
- Fine tune fit on the fly
- Micro adjustments
- Maximum compression to absorb impact
- Total reset for multiple impact protection
- Two helmets in the space of one
Cascade M11 Hockey Helmet Sizing
|Cascade M11 Hockey Helmet Sizing|
|HELMET SIZE||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE||HAT SIZE|
|X-Small||19.7 - 20.9"||6 1/8 - 6 3/8|
|Small||20.4 - 22.0"||52 - 56 cm||6 1/2 - 7|
|Medium||21.6 - 23.2"||55 - 59 cm||6 7/8 - 7 3/8|
|Large||22.8 - 24.8"||58 - 63 cm||7 1/4 - 7 7/8|
I would recommend this item to a friend.
August 20, 2014
Best fitting, most comfortable helmet I have ever owned. The pad sections inside are one piece. Most helmets use styrofoam with the pad pieces glued on, after a while the glue softens allowing the pad to slip. Not on this helmet. Adjustment is easy, fit is great. Love it!
June 8, 2012
As one reviewer has stated NO HELMET provides concussion protection. To prevent concussions a FITTED mouth piece IS required.of the type a good denatl lab OR dentist can help design and make. Not the off the shelf type found at sporting goods stored. Helmets and GOOD , FITTED mouth pieces are designed to work TOGETHER as a system to help prevent concussions. Concussions are the result of reflected energy from the bottom jaw/teeth from secondary impacts and reflected into the brain from the collision with the cranium. If you really care about your player, get him or her a high quality mouth piece. They are WELL WORTH the cost and last far longer than off the shelf types. Custom guards are SUPERIOR in every way when fitted and made correctly. The peace of mind is WELL worth the money.<br><br>I highly recommend the M11 helmet, btw.
Good, does what it claims
August 9, 2011
Bought one for my son in high school hockey league. First game, his head was sent into the boards sideways, no injury, said he didn't even feel it. Hard open ice hit sent him to the ice; no concussion, but most of hit was on the cage. Cascade doesn't claim this helmet reduces concussions; I've been told by docs and actually the guy I bought the helmet from that proper mouthguards are far more important in concussion reduction.
good fit for round heads!
April 25, 2011
I have a really round head (thank you, my slavic ancestors) and have only ever found one helmet that fit, my ancient Cooper but the padding was crumbling and decayed. Most helmets squeezed the back of my skull painfully. This helmet is very adjustable in the back to widen or snug up as needed. Well worth the money for rec hockey. Can't comment on durability that is an issue in other comments.
Nice but not great
March 17, 2011
This helmet is comfortable all around, but the interior has no absorption at all. I had an R8k that got destroyed, and this helmet is not up to that caliber.
Not Concussion Resistant
February 24, 2011
This helmet is marketed as reducing the odds of a concussion. Based on my experience & research - that is not the case. My son received a concussion wearing this helmet, from a fairly simple hit. Speaking with the MD at a renowned concussion clinic, he stated that no research has shown any helmet (hockey or football) offers more concussion resistance than any other. It's really in the fit of the helmet. With that said this is a comfortable, well ventilated helmet. Buy it for that - not for the concussion resistance.
Not a big fan
January 17, 2011
I had the old Bauer 5000 that I wore and hated for years. Was excited to upgrade to the M11 for comfort and custom fit. The very first time I hit my head, I hit it good. The helmet broke and I got a concussion. They fixed it, but I've found myself tentative and don't trust that I won't get hurt again in this product. Will replace when I have the cash.
October 16, 2010
this is a great overall helmet. it is extremely comfortable. i dont have to worry about hitting my head on the boards. the air vents keep my head cool and i can customize it to look however i want i would highly recommend this helmet to anyone out there
May 26, 2010
The helmet is very breathable and also very comfortable to wear. The only bad thing i have to sy about this helmet is it breaks to easily. I understand that it is supposed to prevent concussions by releasing the players set, settings, but it also broke for 5 players on my team (including myself) this past season. Otherwise this is a great helmet for high school hockey players.
May 16, 2010
Better ventilation than the 8K and the Stealth17. This helmet is the real deal and $20 cheaper than the RBK and $50 cheaper than the new Easton S19.
April 22, 2010
breaths great, super comfortable, and easy to adjust. they say it is the safest helmet out, but the performance is betetr than any helmet I have ever worn.
What is the size for the X-small? The size chart only goes down to Small on the website.
By Ray Derk from Morgantown, WV on November 4, 2013
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on November 5, 2013
Answer:Our apologies, the chart will be updated soon to include the X-Small size. In the meantime, here are the measurements.
Head Circumference: 19.7" - 20.9"
Hat Size: 6 1/8 - 6 3/8
What cages are compatible with this helmet?
By Lance from San Diego, CA on February 7, 2014
By Customer Service on February 11, 2014
Answer:You can use essentially any cage in the same size as your helmet. If you have a question about a specific cage, we can let you know which sizes are compatible with the size of your helmet.
By Customer Service on March 24, 2014
Answer:All helmets sold without a cage will not have the snap screws needed for a cage. Those screws are sold separately, though. Here are a few "helmet repair kits" that include the screws you'll need:
Pro Guard 8027 Helmet Repair Kit
Bauer RP003 Hockey Helmet Emergency Repair Kit
A&R Hockey Helmet Kit
A&R Hockey Cage Assembly Kit
A&R Hockey Helmet Repair Kit
By Ken from Greeley, CO on March 22, 2014
Answer:Please note, I found out the hard way that this helmet does NOT have snaps in the rear/side to snap a mask down. It appears that only the helmets that ship with a mask come with snaps. I place of a snap, there is just a screw. ARGH! Now I have to return it because it's worthless...it's an XS size and kids HAVE to wear a full mask and it's NOT compatible with masks as you have to have a snap. Dumb move by the manufacturer.
What is the expiration date on this helmet? ... Never new they had one until this year when they started checking and found some helmets that were expired ... I bought my helmet brand new already expired 2 years ago ... Now I have to buy a new one or I can't play the game
By Hal Chapman from Spokane Wa on September 9, 2013
By Aaron @ HockeyGiant on September 10, 2013
Answer:The helmets in our inventory have HECC expiration dates from 2017-2019.
|Liner||Seven Technology Liner|
|Tool-Free Size Adjustment||Yes|
|Certification||CSA, HECC Certified|
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals