Bauer XR5 Senior Inline Hockey Skates
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
Bauer XR5 Senior Inline Hockey Skates
- Quarter Package - Ultra-light tech mesh with NEW molded X-rib pattern
- Lining Material - Quick-dry hydrophobic grip liner
- Heel Support - Patented pro-integrated, anatomical heel/ankle support
- Tongue Construction - Anatomical, 2-piece Elite white felt, with metatarsal padding
- Footbed - FORM-FIT+ with heel stabilizer
- Outsole - Fiber Outsole
- Chassis - 6000 Series CNC Aluminum HI-LO Vanguard 76/80mm
- Wheel - LABEDA Dynasty 3X-Soft
- Bearing - Swiss LE 608
- Thermoformable - Full Upper
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||6.0||6.5||7.0||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0||14.5||15.0||15.5|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 7 to 13 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 2 to 7 years old with a US youth shoe size of 7 to 1.5.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
Bauer / Mission Wheels Sizes by Skate Size
|Bauer / Mission Wheels Sizes by Skate Size|
|SKATE SIZE||WHEEL SIZE||# WHEELS ON CHASSIS|
|Youth||10 - 13||59mm | 59mm | 68mm||3 wheel chassis|
|Junior||1 - 2.5||59mm | 59mm | 68mm | 68mm||4 wheel chassis|
|Junior||3 - 5.5||68mm | 68mm | 72mm | 72mm||4 wheel chassis|
|Senior||6 - 12||76mm | 76mm | 80mm | 80mm||4 wheel chassis|
I would recommend this item to a friend.
First Pair in 15 Years
May 16, 2014
I have to say that I was pretty nervous to buy my first pair of skates in 15 years. My old Mission skates fit better than anything I've ever had, but were finally beyond repair. So I bought these since they were on sale and were recommended by a friend. Long story short: I'm very impressed. Having them baked in the store, I haven't had any foot discomfort while skating AT ALL. They're of course a little stiff, but they're getting better with every skate. Durable boot, lightweight, and cool looking. I couldn't ask for anything else. My only recommendation would be to try on a few different pairs. I'm a size 11 1/2 shoe and I ended up purchasing a size 9 skate, even though the Bauer foot measure sized me as a 10 skate.
Pros:Durable, lightweight, comfortable
Cons:Wheels a little too soft
I would recommend this item to a friend.
January 10, 2014
These skates are phenomenal. They're the more affordable boot with the carbon fiber hard bottom connected to the chassis, very lightweight, the color is a gorgeous sheen of metallic black, stiff boot, U shape heel, water resistant so there is no build up of sweat, very good Labeda wheels, Swiss Bearings (above Abec 9s), HiLO Chassis, extremely comfortable tongue sewn up the middle so it forms around your shin perfectly, I have put about 10 hours in on these skates so far and I have no felt a single bit of discomfort, no blisters, and I'm absolutely flying. Oh, and did I mention they're phenomenal? If you're a hard core inline player like I am and don't feel like paying $700 on APXR's or AC1s or another top of the line skate than this is PERFECT. They have everything that the highest quality top of the line skates have for a lesser price. Honestly, these are perfect if you just play on the reg. If you're a beginner than you won't need these, but if you're willing to spend some money on your skate and have it be worth it than this is the best bang for your buck and best skate you'll find. Highly recommend.
Pros:Still boot, HiLo, Good Wheels, Swiss bearings, Comfortable, Light Weight, Very Pretty
First time Bauer
October 22, 2012
Skate is well made, and looks great, however, the fit and comfort is not what I expected from a high end skate, the boot feels very rigid, and even after I baked the skate, the comfort just doesn't compare to the mission skates that I switched from. I think I would consider the comparable mission skate over this model in the future.
Look no further
January 25, 2012
This is a great skate from Bauer. Extremely durable, very comfortable and fits like a glove. Last years model didn't fit me quite right and I'm glad I waited for this years skate. I work at a rink 5-6 days a week, sometimes multiple sessions a day, and play 2 days a week and I've not had any problems with this skate. I swapped out the wheels on the skate for some Addictions, but that's a personal preperence and b/c I'm a heavier guy at 190. The upgrade to the APXR isn't really worth it for $300 more just to get the Addiction wheels, Mag chassis, and an optional strip of small padding in the toe cap. This is definately a major upgrade for the money over the XR4 for an advanced level player looking to take their game to the next level. The Mission Swiss LE bearings are a little slow in comparison to some other brands of Swiss bearings, but are still quite fast (I currently use Bevo's Swiss, but prefer BSB's Swiss which is the best I've ever rolled on).
By Cav from Brooklyn , New York on January 5, 2014
By Customer Service on January 6, 2014
Answer:Yes, they'll hold up well for advanced skaters. If you're an extremely heavy skater, you may want to consider going up to the next model, but if you are around average weight or even a little heavy, they'll serve you well.
By Jason from Sydney Australia on December 15, 2013
How do you determine whether your foot is regular or wide?
Can you get extra wheels for outdoor sealed roads, and if so, how much do they cost?
By Customer Service on December 16, 2013
Answer:The wheels that come with these skates will be too soft for anything other than indoor sport court. If you've never had issues with the width of the shoes you wear and haven't had to purchase wide shoes, you likely don't need wide skate boots. Outdoor wheels have a rating of 84A (hardest) or 82A. They run around $4 - $6 per wheel.
By bob wagner from anchorage, alaska on February 17, 2014
By Customer Service on February 18, 2014
Answer:EE skates are noticeably wider than D width Skates. If the 9.5 D skates were a bit snug (in terms of the width), 9.5 EE skates may be a good choice, or 10.0 D. But going up a 1/2 size and increasing the width to EE may be more than you need.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals