Bauer Vapor X80 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
Bauer's new line of Vapor Skates is better than ever, from the APX2 down to the X30 Skates. The X80 Skates are near the top of the line, just beneath the top of the line APX2 Skates, X100 Skates and X90 Skates. Built for quickness and agility, the X80 Skates deliver the goods.
Starting with the boot quarters, the X80 Skates have a lightweight tech mesh quarter package which is supportive and thermoformable for a custom fit. The abrasion-resistant bumpers add great durability to the outer shell of the boot to keep them in top form. The 3-piece tongue is anatomically shaped and has an integrated metatarsal guard for lace-bite protection and defense against impacts. Tongue comfort is one of the keys to a great fit, and you'll be pleased with the precise construction of the tongues on the Vapor X80 Skates.
Top models from the new Vapor line have also received an upgrade to the holders with the new Tuuk Lightspeed Edge, which has a quick-release trigger mechanism which releases the runner in a snap for quick steel changes on the fly. The holders are riveted to a rigid, supportive composite outsole that is also very lightweight. Adding additional comfort and stability, the footbed has stabilizer grips which enhance the power transfer in each stride and give you full control as you maneuver.
Bauer Vapor X80 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Vapor X80 Skate Upper Features
- Quarter Package - Tech mesh with thermoformed X-rib pattern
- Lining Material - Quick-dry hydrophobic liner
- Heel Support - Patented pro-integrated, anatomical heel/ankle support
- Ankle Padding - Lightweight anaform foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction - FORM-FIT 48 oz. 3-piece felt with integrated high density metatarsal guard
- Footbed - FORM-FIT+ with stabilizer grip
- Thermoformable - Full upper
Vapor X80 Skate Lower Features
- Outsole - Fiber composite
- Blade Holder - TUUK LIGHTSPEED EDGE
- Runner - TUUK LS2 stainless steel runner
Manufacturer Model Number: 1041204
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||6.0||6.5||7.0||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0||14.5||15.0||15.5|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 7 to 13 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 2 to 7 years old with a US youth shoe size of 7 to 1.5.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
GREAT pair of skates!!!!!
March 17, 2014
The main reason why I bought these is because you cant find to many 13E skates. I had the x:40's before I got these. They where an okay skate coming from the supreme line. I just skated on the x80's for the first time yesterday. Reffed two hockey games and played one. They fit like a glove!!!! Very responsive and GREAT for quick acceleration. I noticed a huge difference between the x40's and these on turning, speed, and acceleration. These skates are AMAZING!!!!!! I thought the shipping box was empty because it was so light....These are the LIGHTEST skates I have ever skated on. These by far are the best skates I have ever owned and will buy them again!!!! I am a level 3 USA Hockey official, a college hockey official, and adult league hockey player. These skates are great!!!
Pros:Light weight Responsive Simply AMAZING
Cons:Price, but I wear 13e. Kinda get what you can..
By Alex from Hollywood on June 5, 2013
My current skate is the Graf 705 in a 9.5 and is a very comfortable fit. I was curious if the Vapor 80 9.5
runs the same size as the Graf.
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on June 5, 2013
Answer:The Graf 705 Skates and Vapor X 80 Skates will provide a similar fit, but the heel of the 705 Skates is wider and the arch is a bit less pronounced than the Vapors. Otherwise, getting used to the fit of the Vapor skates shouldn't be a tough adjustment.
By Shawn from Burbank on August 30, 2013
By Aaron @ HockeyGiant.com on August 30, 2013
Answer:The Vapor X100's replaced the Vapor X7.0's. The X80's are on the same level as the X 5.0 skates.
By Mark from NY on January 15, 2014
By Customer Service on January 15, 2014
Answer:It's worth the extra cash if you're able to swing it. If you're used to the Vapor XXV Skates, the X80 or X90 skates will be the most comparable current model. The X70 Skates aren't a "bad" choice for you, but I think if you're playing pretty competitive hockey and you skate twice a week, the extra cash for the X80 Skates will be worth it for the extra boot support and longevity. Plus, the outsole is composite rather than TPU, which means it will handle more torque on tight turns. Also, the X80 Skates come with the LS2, higher quality steel than the Super Stainless Steel on the X70, and the X80s have a thicker, more protective tongue and the boot quarters are fully thermoformable, which the X70's are not.
By Alessandro from Italy on August 7, 2013
I have a pair of 2010 Vapor x:50, I love them but I need to change them. Is it the X80 the best replacement or should I go for the x 90?
By Customer Service on August 7, 2013
Answer:The X90's will be a closer match to your older X:50's. While the X80's have a few of the features on the X:50's, the X90's have all of those features and more!
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals