Bauer Vapor X40 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Beginner skaters who need a light, comfortable skate will be sure to enjoy the Bauer Vapor X40 Skates. The X40 Skates are available in Youth, Junior and Senior full, regular width sizes, so players of all ages will be able to find their size. Although they are not thermoformable, the boots are supportive despite being comfortably forgiving, and they will break in very naturally to provide a great fit.
The brushed nylon liner is both durable and comfortable, helping to keep your feet locked in place for great stability. Like the X50 and X60 Skates, the X40 Skates come with the Tuuk Lightspeed Pro Holders and Stainless Steel Runners. At this price point, the Vapor X40 Skates are an excellent choice.
Bauer Vapor X40 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Vapor X40 Skate Upper Features
- Quarter Package - Sublimated reinforced mesh with thermoformed. X-rib pattern
- Lining Material - Brushed nylon
- Heel Support - Exterior embossed heel cup/ankle support
- Ankle Padding - Closed-cell foam
- Tongue Construction - Anatomical, 1-piece felt
- Footbed - Standard comfort
Vapor X40 Skate Lower Features
- Outsole - TPR
- Blade Holder - TUUK LIGHTSPEED Pro
- Runner - TUUK stainless steel runner
Manufacturer Model Number: 1041214
Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||Shoe Size (US)|
|6.0||7.5 - 8.0|
|7.0||8.5 - 9.0|
|8.0||9.5 - 10.0|
|9.0||10.5 - 11.0|
|10.0||11.5 - 12.0|
|11.0||12.5 - 13.0|
|12.0||13.5 - 14.0|
|13.0||14.5 - 15.0|
|14.0||15.5 - 16.0|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 8 to 12 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 9 years old and younger with a US youth shoe size of 1.5 or smaller.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
By Nicole Kellum from Arundel Maine on December 12, 2014
By Customer Service on December 15, 2014
Answer:Junior 4.5 would be the correct choice.
By Chris from Chicago, Illinois on November 23, 2014
By Customer Service on November 25, 2014
Answer:The X40 Skates do not respond to baking, but they break in very easily.
By Zach from Livingston, New Jersey on January 18, 2015
By Customer Service on January 19, 2015
Answer:Most manufacturers recommend going 1.5 sizes down from your shoe size to find your skate size. With that being said, you're best to go with a size 7.5.
By Ronnie from West Babylon, NY on August 14, 2014
By Customer Service on August 18, 2014
Answer:Yes, the sizing has stayed the same over the years.
By Jon from Seattle, Washington on November 26, 2014
By Customer Service on November 28, 2014
Answer:If you would like to have your skates sharpened, add the Hockey Skate Sharpening Service to your order and select the hollow you would like.
By Keith from NC on November 8, 2013
By Customer Service on November 11, 2013
Answer:Size 10 would be the correct size for you. The X40 Skates are great for recreational skating because they'll be soft enough to be comfortable without being too soft to provide good support.
By Ron from NH on April 22, 2014
By Customer Service on April 29, 2014
Answer:They are not replaceable. The Lightspeed Pro Holders are mechanically fixed permanently to the runners. Only the Lightspeed 2 and Lighspeed Edge Holders allow for runner replacement on Bauer Skates. The X60 Skates have the Lightspeed Edge Holders.
By craig from detroit on August 7, 2013
By Pat@HockeyGiant on August 8, 2013
Answer:No the blades are not profiled prior to shipping. Blades sharpening is an option though.
By alex from dublin on January 9, 2015
By Customer Service on January 12, 2015
Answer:Euro 44.5 is size 9 in these skates. Euro 44 is size 8.5.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals