Bauer Vapor X100 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Bauer's 2013/14 line of Vapor skates is lighter than ever, starting with the top of the line Vapor APX2 and Vapor X100 Skates. The X100 Skates are 2nd in line to the APX2 Skates, which weigh in under 865 grams in size 9. The Vapor line has always been characterized as the perfect skate for quick, agile skaters who need a lightweight, responsive skate. The X100 Skates more than live up to the Vapor name and provide a more affordable alternative to the APX2 Skates.
The Vapor X100 Skates are fully equipped from heel to toe with top quality materials and features. The boot quarters are built with Bauer's Curv® Composite material which is incredibly lightweight, durable and provides a truly unique fit. The 52 oz white felt tongue is fairly traditional looking, but it also provides an excellent amount of lace-bite protection and comfort, enhanced by the integrated high-density metatarsal guard. The ankle padding is fully thermoformable and responds very well to baking, and to enhance the comfort of the boot further, the X100 Skates have a high quality Hydra Max Mesh Liner to wick away moisture and keep your feet securely locked in place.
Moving to the lower features, you'll find a stiff, lightweight composite outsole that is extremely responsive and supportive enough to handle the weight of heavier players and aggressive skaters. Next is a feature that's new to Bauer, the Lightspeed Edge Holder, which has a trigger mechanism to allow for quick runner replacements without any nuts or bolts. This is a very convenient feature that helps ensure you'll never miss a shift because you're fumbling around with wrenches and screws as you try to replace a runner on the bench.
Bauer Vapor X100 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Vapor X100 Skate Upper Features
- Quarter Package – 3D lasted Curv® Composite upper with X-rib pattern
- Lining Material – HYDRA MAX mesh liner
- Ankle Padding – Lightweight for fit foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction – FORM-FIT 52 oz. 3-piece pro felt tongue, with integrated high density metatarsal guard
- Footbed – FORM-FIT+ with grip, moisture management and heel stabilizer
- Thermoformable – Full upper
Vapor X100 Skate Lower Features
- Outsole – Full lightweight composite outsole
- Blade Holder – TUUK LIGHTSPEED EDGE
- Runner – TUUK LS2 stainless steel runner
Manufacturer Model Number: 1041199
Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||Shoe Size|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 8 to 12 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 9 years old and younger with a US youth shoe size of 1.5 or smaller.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
By Eric from minot ND on April 21, 2013
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on April 23, 2013
Answer:We do not currently have the exact weight of the X 100 Skates. But, in terms of weight and overall performance, the X 100 Skates are most comparable to the X 7.0 Skates from the last generation of Vapor Skates. The X 7.0 Skates in Senior Size 9 weighed around 880 grams, so you can expect that the X 100's will be within 20-30 grams of that weight as well.
By Rg1226 from RDU, NC on August 28, 2013
By Customer Service on September 9, 2013
Answer:The Bauer Vapor APX skates fall somewhere in between the Bauer Vapor X100 and Bauer Vapor APX2 Skates
APX2 vs X100
- Total Edge Comfort (rolled foam at the top of the ankle)
- Hydra Max 2 liner
- Abrasion guard on tongue
- ErgoToe footbed (added comfort)
APX vs X100
- APX does not have Lightspeed Edge Holder which allows you to easily change our your steel with the pull of a trigger.
- The APX has the same "comfort" features as listed above on the APX 2.
By eric from ca on November 7, 2013
By Customer Service on November 11, 2013
Answer:They are slightly narrow skates, overall. But they're on the same sizing system as other Bauer skates and the rest of the major brands (CCM, Reebok, etc.). 9 may be a good choice for you, but I would try 8.5 EE before going up a 1/2 size, especially if the length felt right to you at 8.5 but they simply seemed too narrow for your feet. You'll find that getting a wider skate will also lengthen the boot, in a sense, because your heels will sink deeper into the heel pocket of the boot.
By Dan from Havertown, PA on June 1, 2014
By Customer Service on June 2, 2014
Answer:The toe box of the X100 Skates may actually be a bit wider than the toe box of the One90 Skates. From what I can remember, the pair of Supreme One70 Skates I had (they were built on the same "boot last" as the One90s) were very narrow in the heel and fairly narrow in the toe box as well, but not quite as narrow as the heel. The Vapor Skates will provide a similar fit in the heel, but the toe box is generally a small amount wider in Vapor Skates. That being said, if you were wearing size 8 One90 Skates, I'd stick with that size rather than going up to 8.5. Bauer's sizing hasn't changed since then (although the fit in terms of width has changed a bit for certain models). You may actually want to stick with Supreme Skates since that's what you used previously, with good results. The Supreme Skates are actually a small bit narrower (in my experience) now than they were before. So you'll probably get the change in toe box width that you're looking for with one of the current Supreme Skates we have available.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals