Bauer Vapor APX Senior Hockey Stick
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
Bauer Vapor APX Senior Hockey Stick
OPTIMAL BALANCE + QUICK RELEASE ... Ideal for the crafty player that excels in puck handling and quick-release shots.
- Patented Dual Density Blade Core
- Monocomp Technology
- Intelli-Sense shot technology
- Pure Shot blade profile
- Lightweight TeXtreme® construction
- Micro Feel II shaft dimension
- VAPOR premium dual taper
- eLASTech Technology
- Double concave walls
- Matte Finish
- Stick Weight (Approx.): 423g
- Stick Length: 60"
Delivers unmatched balance, power and feel on pass reception and stick handling. The aramid-reinforced Power Core 3 enhances feel while the Aero Foam provides torsional stiffness to prevent blade deflection when shooting, increasing accuracy.
Bauer's industry-leading single molding process ensures product and performance consistency. By removing excess material like overlapping layers, resin and foam waste, the balance of the stick is improved and overall weight is reduced.
Groundbreaking design features dual flex zones for maximized performance benefits. A low flex point provides a quick release and accuracy, and a second, higher flex point delivers powerful slap shots.
The optimized blade profile increases the connection point between the blade-hosel transition of the stick; reducing the amount of blade deflection, or the twisting or opening of the blade while shooting, improving blade control and pinpoint shooting accuracy.
Exclusive to Bauer in hockey, TeXtreme® is ultra lightweight and strong carbon fiber. 20% lighter than conventional carbon, it reduces weight without sacrificing strength.
Rounded corners and double concave shaft walls allow the shaft to fit comfortably in your hands. The result is easier puck handling and superior control.
The combination of Micro-Feel II shaft and a secondary taper along the top/bottom surface equeals decreased torsional deflection for increased puck control and accuracy upon release.
Proprietary resin system with carbon nanotube reinforcements increases durability by reducing the spread of micro-fractures caused by slashes and puck impacts, extending a stick's "pop-life" to keep it feeling newer, longer.
Manufacturer Model Number: 1038118, 1038119, 1038120, 1040469
Nice Stick, Breaks easily :(
December 27, 2013
Bought this stick because it was highly talked about. Felt great, great puck feel, I tipped a puck in front of the net and cracked the shaft within 2months.
Awesome stick, but be weary
November 24, 2012
Stick is just as amazing as reviewers mentioned. Handles great and increased my shot accuracy and speed.
However as Chris points out the blade will crack way before the shaft and then the stick loses it's pop. This happens too quickly for how expensive the stick is.
February 12, 2012
Best stick I have ever owned, durable, crazy light, amazing feel for the puck and, quick hard shots.
Broken already, but I'd buy it again!
February 1, 2012
I've used a X60 87 flex Kane pattern for the better part of a year and loved it. It was durable, shot very well, but most importantly, the puck sticks to the blade very well. Because I used wood sticks up until college, a blade with good feel was important to me. However, after getting more than my money's worth out of the X60, it finally broke at the beginning of this season. So naturally, I gravitated to the APX. When I first got it out on the ice, I was impressed that it actually performed better than the X60! It has very good puck feel and my wrister and slap shot had more authority. However, shortly after the warranty passed, I noticed a cracking sound while taping my stick. I think it's in the blade somewhere. Anyway, the stick hasn't totally broken yet, but the pop is gone. Definitely frustrating, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, as I haven't heard any issues like this arising from anyone else. My overall opinion is that it would have gotten a five star rating from me if it didn't crack. However, another thing I've noticed with both Vapor sticks is that they barely chip! Unlike that Easton crap. Go out and buy an APX; you'll love it!
best stick out there
October 23, 2011
had this stick for like 5 games and its just awesome a little high on the price but if u break allot of sticks this stick is worth the price very durable
By pennie from chelmsfoird ma on September 28, 2013
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on September 30, 2013
Answer:Matte Finish (smooth)
By Bryce from Hendersonville,Tennessee on September 18, 2013
By Customer Service on September 26, 2013
"The lie is a representative measurement of how the blade is angled in relation to the shaft, which determines how the blade will rest on the ice. Higher lies are usually best for bigger players who skate more upright. Lower lies work better for smaller players and those who tend to skate bent over, closer to the ice. You have found the correct lie when the middle portion of the underside of your blade is resting flat on the ice, rather than resting on the heel with the toe off the ice or vice versa. Below is a diagram that visually displays the concept of blade lie."
From a post entitled How to Choose a Hockey Stick Blade Pattern on the HockeyGiant.com Blog
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsGift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersHockey Garter Belts and SuspendersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash Guards
- Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & HardwareReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey SandalsStick AccessoriesHockey Helmet Accessories
- Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers