Bauer Vapor APX2 Ice Hockey Skates - Junior
Bauer Vapor APX2 Ice Hockey Skates - Junior
Vapor APX2 Skate Upper Features
- Quarter Package: 3D lasted Curv® Composite upper with X-rib pattern
- Lining Material: HYDRA MAX 2 liner with integrated TOTAL EDGE comfort
- Ankle Padding: Lightweight form fit foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction: FORM-FIT 3 52 oz. 3-piece pro felt tongue, with integrated and enhanced abrasion resistant metatarsal guard
- Footbed: FORM-FIT+ with ERGOTOE protection and grip, integrated and customizable toe protection, moisture management, and heel stabilizer
- Thermoformable: Full upper
Vapor APX2 Skate Lower Features
- Outsole: Ultra lightweight, vented carbon composite
- Blade Holder: TUUK Lightspeed Edge
- Runner: TUUK Lightspeed Edge Fusion runner
Manufacturer Model Number: 1041197
Bauer Junior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart
|Bauer Junior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||Shoe Size|
SENIOR Hockey Skates
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 8 to 12 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 9 years old and younger with a US youth shoe size of 1.5 or smaller.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Different fit, worked for my foot
December 27, 2015
I am coming from the old Bauer X:60 & CCM RBZ skates. The X:60 was great, but the volume was very shallow. The CCM RBZ was a fantastic skate post-bake. Ideal for my semi-wide foot, but I could never get my heel to feel secure & they had horrible durability. I really prefer the feel of a Bauer skate. In my mind, I find it to be more stable & agile than any other skate brand I've tried. I had the chance to try on the Bauer Supreme MX3 skates. Those were a phenomenal skate, but unfortunately, the toe box was too narrow and I had severe cramping of my feet which did not get any better after 30 hours of use. I wanted the Curv Composite from the Supreme line in my new skate & the 1X was out of my price range, so I found the APX2 skates here on HockeyGiant.com on clearance in my size. I am very impressed with these skates. It feels as though I am able to get the speed I loved from the Supreme, with the fit of my old X:60, but the APX2 feels like there is slightly more volume in the boot than my old Vapors, which rectified the major fit issue I previously had. The skates are incredibly light, very stiff & has a great deal of forward flex built in. I'm still unsure of the new lacing system. The only downside is the Tuuk Fusion runners. It's a poor concept to weaken the runner in order to save a few grams of weight. Ridiculous & unnecessary. Thankfully with the new Edge Holders, I can press the trigger & replace the steel, whilst keeping the Fusion runners as a back up. All in all, it's what you expect from Bauer. Amazing technology, pro level boot for experienced skaters. A pricey skate full retail...but an absolute bargain on clearance.
By Alwyn from Atlanta on November 2, 2013
By Customer Service on November 5, 2013
Answer:The APX 2 is lighter, stiffer and has several upgraded features. The LS Fusion runners, Bauer's lightest runners, come with the APX 2 Skates, and you also get the new "Injected Stability Lacing System", which is a one piece eyelet design for improved fit, durability and power transfer. In addition, the APX 2 Skates have a higher quality footbed and tongue for additional comfort and protection. Both models can be baked and will form well to your feet.
By Bray from albany,New York on July 28, 2015
By Customer Service on July 29, 2015
Answer:I'm sorry, the Bauer Vapor APX2 Ice Hockey Skates are no longer being made and whats left in stock online are the what we have remaining.
By Katherine Bowman from Woodside, California on April 27, 2015
By Customer Service on April 28, 2015
Answer:Bauer recommends going 1.5 sizes down from your shoe size to find your skate size. If the player wears a size 7 shoe, their optimal skate size will be a size 5.5, which is a Junior skate.
|Quarter Package||3D Lasted Curv Composite|
|Tongue||Form-Fit 3 52 oz. 3-Piece Pro Felt|
|Ankle Padding/Support||Lightweight Form-Fit|
|Liner||Hydra Max 2|
|Outsole||Ultra Lightweight Vented Carbon Composite|
|Holder||TUUK Lightspeed Edge|
|Runner||TUUK Lightspeed Edge Fusion|
|Warranty||Boot = 90 Days | Holder/Runner = 1 Year|
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals