Bauer IMS 9.0 Hockey Helmet
The Bauer IMS 9.0 Hockey Helmet is among the top models that Bauer has produced, serving the needs of elite level players at a mid level price point. The IMS 9.0 Helmet is the byproduct of Bauer's acquisition of the Cascade Helmet Line in 2012. Once they were able to get their hands on the technological features pioneered by Cascade, Bauer quickly implemented them in the production of the IMS 9.0, 11.0 and 7.0 Helmets.
The IMS 9.0 Helmet is particularly unique because it is built with the same outer shell as the Bauer RE-AKT Helmet, but it has its own liner system known as the V2 Liner System, which combines multiple foam densities in the form of Vertex foam and VN foam. Bauer refers to this feature as triple density impact management, designed to absorb the energy transferred upon collisions. The IMS 9.0 Helmet also has a spring-loaded occipital lock and tool-free adjustment mechanisms to allow you to make quick adjustments to your helmet on the fly.
Bauer IMS 9.0 Hockey Helmet
Game Day Protection
- V2 Liner system = Vertex foam + VN foam
- Triple density impact management foam
- Ergo translucent ear covers
- CSA, HECC, CE certified
- Customized Fit: Spring loaded occipital lock
- Tool-free adjustment
- Slow memory comfort foam
- Ventilation ports
- Molded memory foam temple pads
- PORON® XRD™ foam inserts
- Treated with MICROBAN® antimicrobial protection to resist odors and mildew
Manufacturer Model Number: 1042401, 1042402
Bauer IMS 9.0 Hockey Helmet Sizing Chart
|Bauer IMS 9.0 Hockey Helmet Sizing Chart|
|Helmet Size||Head Circumference|
|Small||21.0 - 22.4"||53.5 - 57 cm|
|Medium||22.2 - 23.6"||56.5 - 60 cm|
|Large||23.6 - 25.2"||60 - 64 cm|
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Nice helmet for the money
January 26, 2015
I've been playing for 35 years and have had a wide array of helmets as you can imagine. I wanted a comfortable helmet that was easy to adjust and also had good air flow. This helmet met all of those requirements. For a middle of the road price point helmet, this is a great helmet for the money. It doesn't pinch on the forehead like most helmets, and the size adjustment is a snap, literally. Spend the extra money for the safety and comfort. You'll be glad you did.
Pros:Light weight, decent airflow, easy to adjust, doesn't have any pinch points
By Jeff deVita from Bellevue, WA on August 19, 2013
By Aaron @ HockeyGiant.com on August 28, 2013
Answer:The biggest differences between the two helmets are the liner and the adjustment system. The IMS 9.0 uses more traditional VN foam while the 9900 has the FXPP foam pads through the helmet. They both have occipital locks, however the IMS 9.0 is somewhat improved in durability and ease of adjustment.
I would personally want to try both of them on. Whichever is more comfortable is the one I'd go with. From a safety and features standpoint, they're pretty comparable.
By JD from Roselle, IL on January 12, 2015
By Customer Service on January 13, 2015
Answer:Yes, all Bauer cages are compatible with Bauer helmets. The cage that comes with the 4500 is perfectly acceptable to be used with the IMS 9.0, but it's really a matter of personal preference. Each cage offers its own set of desirable characteristics. It depends on how much protection/comfort/visibility you feel you need at your level of play. Of course, the more you spend the better the material quality will be, along with improvements to your vision through the bars.
By Rhet from Buffalo, ny on June 23, 2013
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on June 24, 2013
Answer:The IMS 9.0 is just a bit lighter - maybe a few ounces in difference.
By Geoff from Dallas TX. on August 10, 2013
By Aaron @ HockeyGiant.com on August 12, 2013
Answer:The Bauer Re-akt cage should fit all of the IMS helmets without any issue.
By Brayden from Chicago illa oils on August 1, 2014
By Customer Service on August 4, 2014
Answer:Yes, just order the same size.
|Padding||Triple Density VN Foam|
|Shell||2 Piece HDPE|
|Tool-Free Size Adjustment||Yes|
|Certification||CSA, HECC, CE Certified|
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals