Bauer Flexlite 3.0 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
Bauer Flexlite 3.0 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
- Quarter Package: Variable stiffness Flexposite with dimples
- Lining Material: Hydrophobic microfiber
- Heel Support: Patented integrated, anatomical heel/ankle support
- Ankle Padding: Anaform foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction: Anatomical 40 oz. 2-piece felt with molded metatarsal guard
- Footbed: Superfit with stabilizer grip
- Outsole: Lightweight, Pro-8 beveled TPU
- Blade Holder and Runner: Tuuk Lightspeed Pro with super stainless steel runner
- One-piece holder/runner - Steel runner is not replaceable
Flexlite 3.0 Upper Features
Flexlite 3.0 Lower Features
|Youth||Bauer recommends fitting 1 size down from your shoe size|
|Junior||Bauer recommends fitting 1 size down from your shoe size|
|Senior||Bauer recommends fitting 1.5 sizes down from your shoe size|
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||6.0||6.5||7.0||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0||14.5||15.0||15.5|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 7 to 13 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 2 to 7 years old with a US youth shoe size of 7 to 1.5.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
Hurts the Ball of one of my feet
July 12, 2011
So maybe it's because I didn't know exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping but I ended up purchasing these in size 7D.
Thought they were great but the ball on my left foot has been constantly bruised for the last 4 months that I've skated on the these skates. Had the rivet replaced with a lower profile and it's still and issue.
Could just be me...but other than that the skates seem fine though they are quite soft as others have stated.
Comfortable, light-weight, great all the way around
July 10, 2011
I wear a 10.5 EE shoe. This skate in 9EE is just right. I can tie these skates tightly enough that I have good control without numbness and cramping.
I'm able to lace these skates up a little higher than my old ones and still maintain good ankle mobility. I don't get that in the other product lines. Tie the others too high and / or too tight and it's like wearing ski boots. Tie them loose enough that you can actually skate and they're too loose for confidence and control.
These skates are noticably ligher than my old Nike / Bauer V9s.
The first skate on them was rough - too much blade on the toe and I couldn't get a good stride. I was going to have them radiused down from 10' (as measured at the skate shop) to something shorter. My old skates are a much smaller radius, but only as a result of many many sharpenings. My skate shop suggested just taking a bit off the toe end of the blade to start - they do this on all Bauer skates that they sell because this is usually a problem. The second skate was MUCH better.
I may have a little more taken off next time I have them sharpened, but maybe not. I find that the longer radius really does provide more / easier speed but I do miss the maneuverability that the shorter radius I was using before provided. It's a subtle difference and I think I'll have forgotten all about it in another skate or two.
I'm a solid C-1 player skating several times a week. I considered the 4.0 model but the benefits (thermomouldable - replaceable blade independent of the blade holder) didn't outweigh the additional expense. The advisor at Hockey Giant agreed that the 3.0 is an excellent skate and very well suited to my purposes.
It doesn't matter much to me, but I also really like the appearance of these skates when compared to the other product lines too.
This is a great skate for the intermediate player and available at a VERY good price point when compared to intermediate skates in other product lines - Bauer and otherwise.
Great for wide feet
June 16, 2011
I have really high arches, wide feet and short toes. This skate has plenty of room to fit my oddly shaped feet and is flexible enough not to pinch. Switched from Tacks 852's in a EE width and the Flexlite is far better for me.
It took a couple of weeks to get used to them - different in a lot of small ways that made me have to relearn my edges.
Been wearing for about a year and a half, skating about 4 hrs per week and they still feel new.
Lightweight & Comfy
May 9, 2010
I'm a beginner skater who wants comfort and performance, but since I'll never be a paid pro, I thought this would be great as there would be a tiny sacrifice of performance in favor of comfort.
I put four hours in them. The first two hours were awesome comfort. Then my feet started to hurt just a little bit the last hour, but probably much less than with other hockey states! That said, they probably should still be baked if you want to wear them a long time frequently. Other than that, they are comfy right out of the box.
The next day after intense four hours of skating, I was surprised I did not ache anywhere. This can only be because the Flexlite skates are very comfortable and lightweight.
I wear a size 12.5 and ordered size 11.5 and these skates ran just a tiny bit big which is perfect in my case because I like to wear thick orthotics. If you will not add thick orthotics or wear very thick socks, I recommend sizing down 1.5 sizes instead of the recommended 1 size as this toe box is especially big on this skate. I like that for comfort though.
April 2, 2010
Having not skated for 10 years and being in my middle 30's, I wanted a comfortable skate to "relearn" how to skate.
The boot does flex some but I've learned to lace my skates up outside - in which helps the boot fit more snug and reduces some of the flex issues.
I've had them for three months using them twice a week in practice / pick up hockey and they seem to be holding up well. I did waterproof them as well.
Very comfortable recreational skate
February 19, 2010
I love flexlites, having owned 5 pairs of them. I've got everything from the Nike, Nike/Bauer, and Bauer brands. That being said, the 3.0 is soft, comfortable and very light, however because of those traits it is not a high performance skate. You lose a lot of energy transfer between strides because the boot flexes so much. Also the Lightspeed pro holder while adequate, is inferior to that of the Lightspeed 2, you just feel slower.
It's a great recreational skate, but I'd hesitate to recommend this skate to anyone thinking of using it in hockey, they'd probably fall apart with repeated abuse. Again it's because the outer shell of the boot is so soft it literally feels like a shoe. You'd probably want to go with the 4.0 Pro.
Best Skate Right Out of the Box
November 19, 2009
It look me a long time picking a pair of skates since I would rather replace the blade than the whole skate. This skate was extremely comfortable right out of the box without being so cushy that you couldn't grip the ice. It has great feel and feedback.
No need to break your foot, breaking in the skates. I'm very satisfied with these.
Like Wearing Loose Boots
November 11, 2009
These are nice skates but they are massive for room and depth. I feel like my feet are swimming in them. There's so much toe space they feel like sandals, my feet don't touch the sides, front or top of the skate boot. I guess they'd be great if you have wide thick feet but their not for me. Going to Vapors, they fit me much nicer.
July 26, 2009
i have an amazingly weird foot. an extra ankle bone on the inside of my feet and a wide foot. tried to skate bakee the U+ skates and they didnt work for hrs. the supposed ultimate fitting skate. then i put these on and they fit right away. if u have foot problems i highly reccomend any of the flexlite skates because they are some of the most comfortable skates on the market.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate Laces & FootbedsHockey Skate GuardsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsGift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersHockey Garter Belts and SuspendersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash Guards
- Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate Laces & FootbedsHockey Skate GuardsHockey Skate Tools & HardwareReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey SandalsStick AccessoriesHockey Helmet Accessories
- Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers