Bauer 4500 Hockey Helmet
The Bauer 4500 Helmet has been one of the most popular helmets for over a decade, reaching back to the original Bauer 4000 model which was inspired by the Nike 0004 Helmet and Cooper HH3000. The 4500 has remained a staple in Bauer''s helmet line for three reasons - looks, price and protection. It truly is the quintessential helmet.
All of that being said, it has undergone several makeovers and various improvements have been made to the shell and padding over the years. The current Bauer 4500 Helmet has dual-density padding, which was not offered with the 4000 helmet. This feature alone makes the 4500 not only more protective, but more comfortable than previous versions. In addition, you'll find comfort padding on the lower portion of the removable ear pieces, a feature that really does improve the comfort of the helmet.
The fit has also been tinkered with along the way to accommodate a broader range of head shapes. The 4000 was very ovular and a bit too narrow for certain players who had a rounder, more spherical head shape. The new design is just slightly wider, though it is still a bit narrower than some helmets you'll find on the market. It also sits slightly lower on the crown, covering more of the forehead than the 4000 Helmet.
The 4500 Helmet is, of course, adjustable with the use of a phillips screwdriver. Simply loosen the screws above the vents and behind the ears and slide the shell pieces into the desired position before re-tightening the screws. Adding any cage or visor is quick and easy as well, with the removal of the two front screws on the forehead for cages and the side screws near the temple for visors. The cage/visor compatibility of the 4500 is as close to universal as any helmet you can find. Just about any visor or cage will fit on the 4500.
Whether you're a beginner or a pro, the 4500 is fully-equipped for the job - and it passes the mirror test on just about every ugly mug on the rink.
Bauer 4500 Hockey Helmet
- Gameday Protection: Dual-density cellflex, Dual-ridge crown, Ergo translucent ear covers, CSA, HECC, CE certified
- Customized Fit: Quick tool adjustment
- Comfort: Floating pro ear loops
Manufacturer Model Number: 1032712
Bauer 4500 Hockey Helmet Sizing Chart
|Bauer 4500 Hockey Helmet Sizing Chart|
|Helmet Size||Head Circumference|
|X-Small||20.0 - 21.2"||51 - 54 cm|
|Small||21.2 - 22.4"||54 - 57 cm|
|Medium||22.0 - 23.2"||56 - 59 cm|
|Large||23.2 - 24.8"||59 - 63 cm|
|X-Large||24.0 - 25.6"||61 - 65 cm|
Rides Low and obstructs eyes
August 26, 2011
I've been wearing the 4500 for the past 10 years or so and recently bought a new one. The fit feels different than the previous versions. The helmet seems to be deeper at the inside top of the helmet, because mine rides so low it slides down into my eyes. I never had that issue with my other older 4500. I had to take my 1/2 shield off and go back to my 10 year old 4500.
April 27, 2011
I used this in high school, juniors and college. it's the simplest helmet and cheap, plus the style is unbeatable. probably not as protective as other bauer helmets or reebok or messier helemets, but i'm not a football lineman so this gets it done for me
Dang good helmet
January 15, 2011
This is my helmet of choice for playing goalie. I have been using it to play men's 'B' level hockey for 5 years and never once gotten my bell rung. These are unbelievably tough and protective.
March 23, 2010
Goood helmet for the money just like the Pros comfy
December 26, 2009
So many NHL players still use this helmet. It is comfortable and sleek, not bulky like the 8500 or 9500. Though it does not provide quite as much protection.
July 22, 2009
Very comfortable, good overall protection, light weight. Great for players with more of a oval shaped head.
By Ryan from Cherry Hill, NJ on August 23, 2013
By Aaron @ HockeyGiant.com on August 28, 2013
Answer:We've seen very, very few compatibility issues with the Bauer 4500 Helmet.
By Matt from Connecticut on June 18, 2013
By Jeremiah at HockeyGiant.com on June 19, 2013
Answer:It's printed on the back of the helmet along the bottom edge. It will say something like HH4500M. The last letter represents the size. M = Medium, S = Small and so on.
By Bear from atlanta, georgia on December 19, 2013
By Customer Service on December 23, 2013
Answer:I've used the 4000/4500 since I was 12, through AAA and Juniors, and I continue to use it now. It's still a very popular helmet for players of all ages and it meets all of the HECC, CSA and CE requirements. There are certainly other helmets that offer additional protection and adjustment features that the 4500 simply doesn't provide. But, in the end, it's important that you make the decision knowing that the higher quality helmets will indeed provide more protection. That being said, there's no helmet on the market that can completely eliminate the risk of head injuries.
By Terry from Dillsboro, Indiana on October 14, 2014
By Customer Service on October 16, 2014
The nylon strap can be cut with household scissors. Make sure to leave a little extra in case you need to make adjustments at some point in the future. After cutting the strap, you can carefully hold the flame of a lighter to the end of the strap where you made the cut so that the frayed ends are melted and do not continue to fray. Like I said though, just make sure to be careful. You don't need to hold the flame to the strap very long at all before you achieve the desired result.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||NHL Team Shops||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear (Uncrested) Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsStick Accessories
Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate LacesHockey Skate Guards & FootbedsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Gift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Garter Belts & Suspenders
Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaHockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers
Hockey Helmet AccessoriesReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey Sandals