Bauer Nexus 600 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
|Description||Blade Chart||Sizing Guide||Reviews||Q&A||Video||360 View||Color Chart|
At the middle of the new Nexus Line from Bauer, the Nexus 600 Hockey Skates are built for experienced players who need support, comfort and high quality boot specs. The Nexus line offers players an alternative to the fit of the familiar Vapor and Supreme lines. Nexus skates are constructed wider and deeper than most skate models to address the needs of certain players who weren't able to take advantage of Bauer's high quality skates in the past. The traditional looks and fit of the Nexus 600 skates provide a comfortable, supportive option for advanced level players.
The quarter package of the Nexus 600 Hockey Skates is built with compression molded EVA and performance nylon, which contain thermo-formable Anaform foam ankle pads. The quarters and ankle pads respond very well to baking to give you a customized fit. Adding comfort, old school looks and plenty of protection from lace bite and impacts, Bauer added a thick, 2-piece felt tongue with a molded metatarsal guard. The Form-Fit+ footbeds have moisture management properties, heel stabilizers and a grip texture to minimize slippage.
With a lightweight fiber composite outsole, the Nexus 600 Skates are supportive enough for advanced level players and forgiving enough for beginners. Fixed to the outsoles are Bauer's popular Tuuk Lightspeed 2 Holders and Super Stainless Steel Runners. Comfortable, durable and carefully crafted, the Bauer Nexus 600 Skates are a great choice for moderate to highly competitive players.
Bauer Nexus 600 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
Nexus 600 Skate Upper Features
- Quarter Package: Variable stiffness Compression molded EVA with performance nylon
- Lining Material: Hydrophobic performance woven liner
- Heel Support: Patented pro-integrated, anatomical heel/ankle support
- Ankle Padding: Anaform foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction: Anatomical White 48 oz. 2-piece felt with molded metatarsal guard
- Footbed: FORM-FIT+ with grip, moisture management and heel stabilizer
- Thermoformable: Full upper
Nexus 600 Skate Lower Features
- Outsole: Full fiber composite
- Blade Holder and Runner: TUUK Lightspeed 2 with TUUK super stainless steel runner
Manufacturer Model Number: 1000988
|Bauer Senior Hockey Skate Sizing Chart|
|Bauer Skate Size||6.0||6.5||7.0||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.5||8.0||8.5||9.0||9.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.5||12.0||12.5||13.0||13.5||14.0||14.5||15.0||15.5|
Senior hockey skates are sized to fit adults and full grown teenagers with a Men's US shoe size of 7 or greater.
JUNIOR Hockey Skates
Junior hockey skates are sized to fit kids in the range of approximately 7 to 13 years old with a US shoe size of 2 to 6.5.
YOUTH Hockey Skates
Youth hockey skates are sized to fit toddlers and young children in the age range of approximately 2 to 7 years old with a US youth shoe size of 7 to 1.5.
The difference between men's shoes and women's shoes is 1.5 to 2 sizes. So, if you wear size 9 women's shoes, that translates to a men's size 7.5 or 7.0, which would put you in a size 6 senior hockey skate. More simply put, go 3 sizes down from your women's shoe size in order to find your hockey skate size.
Burlington New Jersey
I would recommend this item to a friend.
July 28, 2013
42 y/o and have played hockey for about 30 years. I am a fairly competitive player. The question I had when I bought them at Hockey Giant in Cherry Hill NJ was if there would be enough support. Bought Easton EQ50 skates with a regular D width (Easton has a narrow forefoot compared to other brands I guess) Crushed my feet, baked several times about 5 skates later gave up on them. They were a much stiffer boot also (compared to the nexus 600). I like a stiff boot. Last pair of skates was Easton Z-Air Comp SE from 2004. I guess my feet have become wide over the years (arches collapsing some), and didn't know the eastons were a more narrow construction. I heard from many who had to listen to me complai about the Easton SQ50 that the Nexus were wider in the forefoot, hence the switch. So, here is how the Nexus 600 compare. I had to get a EE width even in these. They felt great on the ice (first time on them was today), but they are definitely not as stiff of a boot. They were hardly like skating on a new skate at all. This turned out to be good. They felt ready to skate, basically like they were skated in ten times and broken in. The question is how will they be by mid season. I cut hard and lean hard when skating, and they did have enough support. No lace bite issues...overall, VERY comfortable for a first time on the ice in them. General impression - Certainly good enough support for a competitive skater without a need to break them in. Will find out about durability over the course of the year. Worth the price for sure. Comfort, support, and value. I would have bought the 800, but they didn't have my size in the store. Turned out in my favor as they were a couple hundred dollars less. I would recommend them. If I have durability issues, I will be reposting on here.
Pros:comfort and little break in time (really None). good performance and very low price.
September 21, 2012
I bought these skates recently and just started skating after having a metal plate put in my ankle... They are the most comfortable skates I've ever put on! Even with the tenderness of having a new plate they felt great! Pretty much no break in time needed!
August 22, 2012
Superb fit, comfort and feel. Old school look. Best skate since Bauer Supreme 3000 from 20 years ago.
August 15, 2012
Bought these skates a month ago at the Cherry Hill location. Since then I have played 4 games and one tournament (4 games) with the skates. All I can saw is unbelievable!!! No real break in period at all. Perfect fit from the sales guy that assisted me, baking was awesome, and they have performed. So much lighter and responsive then my old skates. I look forward to these skates lasting along as my previous Bauers. Thanks.
|Hockey Skates||Hockey Sticks||Protective||Bags||Jerseys & Apparel||Accessories||Goalie||All Brands||Clearance|
- Ice Hockey SkatesIce Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate Laces & FootbedsHockey Skate GuardsHockey Skate Tools & Hardware
- Inline Hockey SkatesInline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
- Recreational SkatesGoalie Skates
- Hockey Skate Sizing
- Helmets, Cages, and ShieldsHockey Helmets & CombosHockey Helmet CagesHockey Helmet Half ShieldsHockey Helmet Full Shields and CombosHockey Helmet AccessoriesNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash GuardsHockey Gloves
- Hockey Elbow PadsHockey Shin GuardsHockey Shoulder Pads
- Ice and Inline Pants & GirdlesCut Resistant Hockey SocksWomen's Hockey
- Hockey JerseysPractice Hockey JerseysNHL Gamewear Hockey JerseysNHL Authentic Hockey JerseysNHL Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Player Replica Hockey JerseysNHL Practice Hockey JerseysNHL Vintage Hockey JerseysNCAA College Hockey JerseysHockey Jersey Lettering
- Hockey SocksCut Resistant Hockey SocksNHL Team Ice Hockey SocksSolid Color Ice Hockey SocksPerformance Skate SocksHockey Warm-UpsHockey Under ApparelHockey HatsHockey Shirts & TeesHockey Sweatshirts & JacketsHockey Shorts & Pants
- Hockey Pucks and BallsHockey Tape and StrapsHockey Goals & Replacement NetsHockey Coaches and Training ToolsGift CertificatesHockey MouthguardsHockey Jocks, Cups & SupportersHockey Garter Belts and SuspendersNeck Protectors, Bibs & Slash Guards
- Ice Skate Holders & RunnersHockey Skate Laces & FootbedsHockey Skate GuardsHockey Skate Tools & HardwareReferee EquipmentFootwearHockey SandalsStick AccessoriesHockey Helmet Accessories
- Inline Hockey WheelsInline Hockey Bearings / Spacers / AxlesInline Hockey ChassisHockey Oils, Sprays & Cleaners
Sports MedicineGames, Toys & MemorabiliaInstructional Hockey BooksInstructional Hockey DVDs & TapesStickers